Avondale Partners, LLC is an introducing firm clearing through National Financial Services (NFS). NFS provides back-office and trade support for the account that you maintain with Avondale. Your assets are maintained at NFS. Avondale is furnishing this document to you to provide information about our efforts to ensure that you are not significantly affected as a result of an emergency or significant business disruption.
Securities industry regulations require each member firm to create and maintain a business continuity plan reasonably designed to meet its obligations to its clients or other counter-parties. In accordance with these requirements, Avondale has designed a business continuity plan to address possible scenarios in efforts to minimize service impact to our clients.
In keeping with the regulatory requirements, the business continuity plan for Avondale is designed to address key areas of concern-including but not limited to the following:
- Data back-up and recovery
- All mission critical systems
- Financial and operational assessments
- Alternate means of communication between Avondale and its customers
- Alternate means of communication between Avondale and its employees
- Alternate physical locations of employees
- Critical business constituent, bank and counter-party impact
- Regulatory reporting
- Communications with regulators
- How Avondale will ensure that customers have access to their funds and securities in the event Avondale determines it is unable to continue its business
Since events creating business disruptions may vary in nature and scope, Avondale has anticipated scenarios in which the following are affected:
- Avondale’s headquarters location
- Avondale’s branch locations
- A city wide area
- A regional area
Regardless of the scope of potential disruption, Avondale intends to continue to provide service to its clients.
In the event where a primary building or business district is affected, in any of our locations, Avondale will move essential staff to an unaffected office location.
In the event of a citywide or regional disruption, in any of our locations, Avondale will move essential staff to an unaffected office location.
Should a SBD occur, Avondale will post additional information on its web site at www.avondalepartnersllc.com as soon as possible. The telephone numbers to call for directions are 410.576.8924 (Baltimore office) or 617.314.0485 (Boston office).
At a minimum, Avondale’s business continuity plan is reviewed, updated and tested on an annual basis. Additionally, our primary internal and external application providers periodically conduct testing of their own back-up capabilities to ensure that, in the event of an emergency or significant business disruption, they will be able to provide us with the critical information and applications we need to continue or promptly resume our business.